If you really want to know your beloved, here are the questions to ask!
After a few months or a few years of romance, you surely think you know everything about your other half: his personality, his goals, and his desires. However, each of us keeps one or two secrets, well buried.
You think you know your sweetheart so well that you seem to have nothing more to ask for. You think you know what she likes and what she hates. You are convinced that you have covered all possible and imaginable themes.
However, in reality, this is not really possible. Indeed, the human being is complex and deep and, sometimes, himself does not know what he really thinks or how he would act in a given situation. You know this question we often ask ourselves: where do we see ourselves in 5 years?
Can we really answer it honestly? Or are we just trying to fill the awkward silence? It is difficult to know where we will be next month and what our desires will be, so imagine going 5 years ahead!
For this reason, we have prepared a list of 50 questions to ask your girlfriend in order to know her better and to know, really, what future you can have together, so here are 100 Questions to ask a guy to know him better
Ask your girlfriend to talk about the past
Ah, the past … this is THE taboo subject. We all did something that we would like to forget and that we don’t necessarily want to talk about. We may be ashamed of the person we were before starting a new relationship.
We were so jealous that we searched the other person’s phone. Or, we were so obsessed with someone that we followed him everywhere… Whatever secret we want to keep for ourselves, when a relationship arrives at the stage where we have to make a decision to the future, it’s time to put everything on the table.
We may not be proud of what we have done in the past but we regret our actions and we want to start a new life and leave our mistakes behind. Here are the 5 questions to ask your girlfriend on this subject:
1. Is there anything in your past that you would like to tell me about?
2. What was your longest relationship? Why did it end?
3. Have you ever been unfaithful?
4. How much time did you spend, on average, with your ex-boyfriends?
5. In general, what did you blame your exes for?
Ask your girlfriend to be honest with herself
Do you think you know everything about her? You are wrong ! A woman remains a mystery to her companion, even after several years. It has hidden sides that it hasn’t necessarily had the opportunity to show you yet.
Your beloved also surely has some small faults which she is not very proud of but which will come up anyway, at one time or another. So be honest right away. To get the worms out of her, here’s what to ask her:
6. What allows you to relax?
7. What are your hobbies?
8. How do you behave towards others? Do you tend to be pretentious or are you more of the attentive and attentive type?
9. What kinds of people support you?
10. What do you think is the greatest injustice in the world?
Ask your girlfriend what she wants from your relationship
To establish a climate of trust, and for your own mental health, you must make sure that its definition and expectations of your relationship are in line with yours.
If not, don’t panic! Talk about your differences and try to find a compromise and common ground. Just because its goals conflict with your plan for your future doesn’t mean things will stay that way.
Together, you will grow and mature and your opinions and points of view will change. But to know what you need to work on, as a couple, you need to know the right questions to ask them. Here they are :
11. What are your personal goals or those for our couple?
12. What is your definition of loyalty?
13. What do you consider unforgivable?
14. What do you think is the role each of us plays in this relationship?
15. How much time do you need to spend alone?
Ask your girlfriend to be frank about her feelings
There is nothing more difficult to understand than a woman’s mood changes. One day it blows hot, another, cold. Today, you have the impression that she is madly in love with you whereas yesterday, you thought that she did not consider anything serious with you.
Women, like men, spend a lot of time thinking about how they are feeling and finding the best possible way to express their feelings. But, sometimes we do it wrong or we can’t find the words.
It is, then, much simpler to be frank (he) and to ask the questions that we have on the tip of the tongue. So ask him:
16. Are you really in love with me?
17. Do you think you can trust me?
18. What is your biggest concern at the moment?
19. What scares you the most: the idea of being abandoned or that of being oppressed?
20. Do you prefer to say and hear “I love you” or show your feelings through your actions? Are you expecting the same from me?
Ask your girlfriend how she reacts during an argument
It is in times of conflict that you really see who you are dealing with. Is this an angry and irrational person or someone calm and composed. How does she react when she commits a fault or when she feels hurt?
After all, being in a serious romantic relationship takes work, and sometimes it happens when you quarrel. It is really at this point that you see what is pushing each other to the limit and how he or she manages stress and accusations.
To avoid causing more trouble than necessary, ask your girlfriend these questions:
21. Do you get angry often?
22. How do you express your anger?
23. During a quarrel, do you prefer to speak until a solution is found to our problem or do you need to take a step back to think about the situation?
24. What annoys you the most?
25. Can you say “sorry” or “sorry” when you understand that you are wrong?
Ask your girlfriend to confide in physical intercourse
This is another taboo subject. With the past, this is surely the topic that we have the most trouble tackling. This is probably linked to our education: our parents always told us that we shouldn’t talk about this and that it was something very intimate, even dirty.
How, then know what your partner expects from you? How can you be sure of satisfying it at all levels? You want to be sure that your girlfriend doesn’t go looking elsewhere for what you don’t give her. So there is not really enough to beat around the bush, go ahead frankly:
26. How many intimate partners have you had?
27. What turns you on?
28. Is there anything that you would like to try to do but are afraid to ask me?
29. How many times a week would you like to get intimate?
30. Is there something you absolutely hate doing in bed?
Ask your girlfriend what place her family has in her life
We all have different relationships and ties with our parents and our family. Some are very close; others have little in common, apart from their DNA. It can, therefore, be difficult to know what kind of influence it can have on your beloved and on your couple.
To avoid hurting her, completely ignoring her family, try to remember everything she told you about it. Do not avoid the subject because you must find your place among his own.
In addition, whether close or distant with their parents, someone must take good care of them when they get older, who? Hmm … And yes! Surely you hadn’t thought of that. So that’s why it’s important to clear things up before you commit to a more serious relationship.
31. How do you plan to support your parents as they get older?
32. What role will your family play in our common life?
33. Are you dependent on your family?
34. How long do you like to spend with her?
35. How would you react if I quarreled with a family member?
Ask your girlfriend how she sees the role of her friends
What would we be without our friends? In truth, not much. We need them to complain and share the good news. They are always there to lend us a hand when we are at our lowest.
However, often, when you start a new romantic relationship, friends go into the background. At least, for a while … In fact, when the couple has stabilized and learned to work together, the outings with the gang start again. You must, therefore, find your place in this group.
The easiest way is to ask your other half what they think about it. She may seem hesitant at first, but if you manage to explain to her that you are not trying to make her cut ties with her friends but only to be included, everything should be fine (we cross our fingers to you)!
36. What place do your friends occupy in your life?
37. Do you think their opinions are more important than mine?
38. Am I more important than your best friend?
39. How long do you like to spend with them?
40. If any of your friends say something bad about you, do you want me to let you know?
Ask your girlfriend how she manages her money
Talking about money is wrong! We feel uncomfortable and it is a subject that can easily separate even the most solid couples. Indeed, when you have two different points of view on this subject, it will be difficult for you to find common ground.
However, it is inevitable! You must both learn to manage a couple’s budget and a life together. Before you were financially independent but now you have to share everything and agree on what you are going to do with your money.
Some will find a compromise quickly while others will choose to keep their finances separate because they have not been able to reach an agreement. Whatever your decision, and before you can make it, here are the inevitable questions to ask your girlfriend, on this subject.
41. What is your relationship with money?
42. Do you prefer to budget and stick to it or live from day today?
43. What do you consider wasted money?
44. What things will make you spend a little more money because you think it is worth it?
45. If you won 1 million euros tomorrow, what would you do?
Ask your girlfriend what her plans are for the future
For the time being, this may seem abstract, even completely impractical. However, it is important to see if your goals are the same or if, at least, you can make sure to meet the maximum number of goals that each of you has set for yourself.
Before talking about your common future, you must have thought about what you, as an individual, want to achieve in your life. Do you want to travel or discover new places? It can be super interesting but if her dream is to live in a stable home surrounded by her children, it may be a problem.
Make priorities in your wish list: what do you absolutely want to do and what can wait or even stay a dream? Be honest with yourself and you will make your life easier! Here are the questions to ask your girlfriend, on this subject:
46. How do you imagine your perfect life?
47. Do you want to have children?
48. What will make you a happy woman?
49. Do you prefer to spend your life traveling or building a stable home?
50. What can ruin my chances of having a future with you?
Keep in mind that chances are she will ask you these questions or even have prepared others. So be prepared, to be honest! If you want to be happy with him, you cannot avoid this kind of discussion.